Forum Replies Created
May 3, 2009 at 1:08 am in reply to: A New way of accurately measure parking lots, roadway & driveways #5769
If you contact Info@FastMeasure.com I’m sure they will send you an update kit for the magnets.
With the update the only way the magnets will come off is with a knife, hammer and a screwdriver.January 19, 2009 at 11:36 am in reply to: A New way of accurately measure parking lots, roadway & driveways #5756
In your kit, do you have a product called Future Glue Gel or a tube like Super glue?
If not you can get it at Home Depot or Menards. You want the GEL type product. In the new kits this is included.
I know you have a fast set epoxy, and a long wire tie.
The Super glue will hold the magnets in place, on the driveshaft, while the epoxy sets.
When you are all done putting the magnets on, wrap the wire tie around the magnets pull it tight, cut off the excess and leave it on.
With this proceeded the magnets will never come off until you remove them with a hammer and chisel.
Bill, can you send me an updated email address for my records?
ErnieJanuary 16, 2009 at 10:37 am in reply to: A New way of accurately measure parking lots, roadway & driveways #5754
The following is a brief description of the installation procedures for the FastMeasure vehicle kit.
1) Install a magnet or set of magnets on the driveshaft. Magnets and epoxy are included in the kit.
2) Mount the sensor bracket near the driveshaft and attach the stainless steel sensor within 1â€ of the magnets. Run the wire lead into the vehicle under the dash, and connect to the electrical terminal block.
3) Run 12 volts to the electrical terminal block.
4) Connect the FastMeasure meter to the electrical terminal block.
5) Mount the measuring device on the dash with the provided dual lock tabs.
6) To calibrate, this is very easy, measure a line 400â€™ paint marks at both ends. Reset the meter to 0 and drive 400â€™; hold both buttons on the meter for 10 seconds. The meter will display a row of zeros, scroll to the right and change the meter to read 400â€™. The 2nd programming screen is for mph, kph or feet per minute. For miles per hour (default) leave at 60 or change it to 100 for kilometers per hour or 1 for feet per minute. Exit the programming mode and enjoy your FastMeasure.
It takes about 1 hour to install the unit. Everything needed for the installation is included in the kit. The instruction manual is written very clearly and is easy to understand. For further instructions and information, check our web site at Fast-Measure.com.
FastMeasure can be mounted just about anything that rolls pavers, crack router, grinders, concrete saw, ATVâ€™s and more.May 23, 2008 at 9:04 am in reply to: A New way of accurately measure parking lots, roadway & driveways #5722
I installed one of these in me Explorer IT GREAT saved me atlaest 1 hour of measuring on the 1st job. I checked its accuarcy using my wheel and it right on. Im going to order more for my sales crew and forman. 🙂