facebookpixel

what do you use to pack your equipment around…?

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment what do you use to pack your equipment around…?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the web sites. They are very helpfull. I am located in Michigan (Grand Haven).
    Thanks again for the help

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi…..sorry I haven’t been back to this forum in awhile. Just read everything. To the gent that mentioned turning the gun arm around for curves etc…great idea! Wish I had kept up to date with the reading. Had a job where I needed to do ALOT of curves…..took awhile to figure out how to do it. BuT I tread about how some machines are set up to mount the gun buy the back wheel for striaghter lines and easy curves. So tried It…worked great! Back on the trailer topic…does anyone use a extended van? Been kicking around the idea of using one of those with a ramp. Similar space to what I have now…..any thoughts…?

stvsloan
    Hello again…!
    The first time I tried my “circle trick”…I had (12) Tether Ball Games to Re-stripe.
    I not only “knocked them out”…! I wasn’t tired…!
    I had a Conventional…well…HAVE…a Conventional…it’s heavy and I sprayed about 5′ of the line at a time!
    (OK…too many exclamation points…)
    Next…I started with a Van. It worked for a while…but…not too much room for stencils. But…you go with what fits you.
    It worked for me for my first year….then…?…a Pick Up.
    I would LOVE to have an enclosed trailer. OR…? an older U-Haul type truck.
    Let me know.
    Dan
    P.S. I kept bumping my head. ( notice…no exclamation point there…? )

Anonymous
    Inactive

HMMMMMMM….I like the idea of having a vehicle with everything in it. Just don’t want to have to pull it. A friend recommended a cube van. Or one of those “bread” trucks with the sliding side doors. Sounds like most people pull a trailer…..might have to stay with what i have…

…wanna heart something funny…?
    I would love to have an enclosed trailer..!
    Dan
    Nice lookin’ outfit.
    Dan

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m just starting out, part time, but decided that an enclosed trailer would be a good investment, especially here in South Dakota. I bought a 5×8, and it fits into a standard garage. Ebay has plenty of them, as does Craigs List.

The trailer is large enough for now. If I go to a second machine, a 6×12 V nose would probably be better. Since I won’t be having that much weight, a single axle is just fine, cheaper on tires, and easier to navigate.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.