facebookpixel

Clogging

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

HI!

I’ve just started this business. I have bought a Line Lazer IV200HS. I have worked a couple of days and the problem started. I can not paint evan a metre and it clogs. I’m using chlorinated rubber paint.
    I am stuck! I do not know how can I solve this problem. Can u help to me?
    Thanks!

Hello Lac
    …a couple things…
    1) I’ve only used CL once…through a Conventional…BUT…
    2) It sprays just like Alkyd = “Oil Based”.
    3) I’ve had the same problem in a different circumstance…

I used a “High Solids” paint…with a tip that had an orifice that was too small.
    I don’t know what tip you have…
    BUT…it should be YELLOW…I have a Video on my site about this. You can purchase it cheaply…it’s downloaded right away…it’s yours.
    That said…try a semi bigger orifice…such as…319…or even a 321….YELLOW…not Black…tip…!
    Next…switch buckets of paint.
    Next…there may be a chance…slim…that the paint needs…either strained…or there are pieces that should not be there.
    God forbid glass beads get in there.
    Last…try those and get back to me.
    I need to get to my shop but I’ll be back. If we ned to talk…we’ll do that.
    You have a nice machine…by the way.

Anonymous
    Inactive

HI!

I do appreciate for your quick answer. My idea is that may be my guys forgot to clean it properly and there are debrish or dried paint pieces stuck on the wall of the hose pipe. Or the paint is not mixed very well with thinner. I do not know because 3-4 kms have been done before with the same material of course we had cloggings because of using 319 tip. Now we have tried the 325,329,335 and the problem still remains. I do not know what is the best procedure to clean up the hose pipe to leave thinner inside or flowing through paint mixed with thinner. Do you have to thin this kind of paint?

Thanks!

Regards,
    Laszlo

Laszlo
    I’ve also know that using Acetone will “eat” = dissolve the older paint inside the lines and then those pieces will give you fits = clogs.
    I didn’t thin the CR…but again…I used a Conventional.
    I don’t think thinning will alleviate the particles that clog the tip either. But…?
    Here are some more ideas.
    1) Change the paint…maybe it’s a bad bucket.
    2) Change the lines…to brand new ones. I’m not saying that you used Acetone…but…I’m not too familiar with CR.
    3) I installed an “In Line” filter, years ago. I almost never…never have a clog. Try that too.
    That said…this doesn’t sound normal. I’ll bet the In Line filter won’t hurt…but I’m also thinking the solution is on of the other answers.
    I hope this helped.
    Dan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi!

Thanks! How can I install an “In Line” filter? “The Line” means the hose pipe?

Laszlo

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi!

I have a 100 and 60 mesh filter according to the istruction I should use the 100 one up to 0.19 orifice size and the 60 one between 0.21 and 0.29 orifice size.

Laszlo

…laszlo…it all sounds good.
    I’m starting to think bad batch of paint…or debris in the lines.
    So…tips look good…filter is in place…haven’t used Acetone…which will dissolve old paint inside the lines and clog for about 2 weeks…!
    So…I’d switch paint buckets…clean it out…try again.
    Let me know.
    Dan
    P.S. Yes…I have an “In Line Filter. It is a small tube…about the size of a normal cigar. Inside is the small filter…about the size of a small cigarette. Mine attached right at the outlet of the pump…then the 25′ line attached right there.
    Some machines have that capability of a filter in the gun. I like mine…nothing gets in the hose. Either is fine though. Whatever it’s designed for…do it.
    You’ll be good to go.
    Dan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi!

Where could I buy this in line filter? I have an 3/8″x50′ blue max hose fitted to my line lazer. Can you buy one for me and I will pay it for you.

Laszlo

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi!

What kind of pressure usually are you using for striping?

Thanks!

Regards,
    Laszlo

Hey Laszlo
    …just got in…striping…football game…blah blah blah…
    How are you?
    I’m sure the local paint store will either have a filter on hand or can order one easily.
    Also…look for the local shop that simply fixes Pressure Washers…Airless Sprayers…and certainly a Striping Machine is an Airless Sprayer…except on wheels. They too, should easily be able to get any make and model in…if they don’t already have one in stock.
    Next…my pressure varies…but only a little
    When I’m striping over new, fresh asphalt…I’m sometimes up around 2200 – 2500. Whatever it takes to get volume…at the speed I choose…while considering that particular surface. Kinda like the difference between painting my living room wall vs. painting an outside stucco wall…for the first time. Maybe on the stucco we go slower and use more paint…which would translate to striping…we go slower…use a bigger tip…to allow more paint to flow…OR turn the pressure up…to get more paint to flow…again considering the situation.
    I also use a higher pressure when I’ “Temporary Striping” over a newly milled road. I know the stripes only need to last 2 days…but still…I want certain coverage on this rough type surface…so…keep bumping the pressure to match the speed I choose…( Speed = me on my “buggy” ).
    Next…on a newly seal coated…( which I do very few of these days )…I’m thinking as low as 1600…but more likely 1800. BUT…2 things…
    1) That surface is more than likely kinda smooth…because it just accepted 2 coats of seal. SO…the paint will sit up and you’ll get good coverage.
    2) Sometimes I’d recommend moving to a 317 tip…especially for a newer person.
    Now…that said…if you walk slower…= a new striper person…over seal…with a smaller tip…maybe 1600 lbs is enough. BUT…if you gain some confidence and start walking faster…then you may need to bump the pressure to 1900 lbs while using the 317…or 1708…= .017 orifice. Make sense?
    Next…if you have a .019 tip and you use 1900 lbs…you probably will be walking faster…that’s a higher amount of pressure coming through a bigger orifice…over a smooth surface…get it?
    Think of it as a garden hose. Big diameter?…water turned on slightly?…then spray = water the garden slowly…water turned on full?…you can water more quickly…smaller diameter garden hose…big outlet?…etc…
    Does that help?
    I hope. Keep in touch.
    Dan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Dan,

I have spent two days with the equipment. I recognised 3 things one was that the equipment was dirty and we cleaned it. Secondly the paint dried too quickly which means we added thinner arter started spraying and we sprayed 300m and the top of paint in the bucket was skinny. The third thing was that when I washed our into a plastic bucket and taken out the thinner pleanty of sand reamined at the boottom. So I have talked to theclient to change the paint because at the beginning we used different paint but because of the cars have taken out the paint after spraying the client has changed it to a quick dry paint then our problem started. Unfortunately I am in Africa so would you please send to me a picture of the inline filter? Please find attached what I have found.

Regards,
    Laszlo

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here is another one.

Hello Laszlo
    First…Africa sounds great. I’ve never been there. Maybe one day.
    Next…you had asked about Pressures. Yesterday I sprayed 7,000′ of Yellow Centerlines. I started with 2000 lbs. BUt then raised it to 2200 lbs. Again…that’s always going to be a range..depending on several “moving” factors. But again…I hope this helps.
    Next…first…I commend you. You’re working hard. Good for you.
    Next…I’m thinking it’s the paint or the change. So…yes…I would clean it too.
    Next…I don’t have any pictures…but…try either the representative that sold you the machine…and if it’s a new machine to you…that person should be out there with you.
    Next…then try http://www.Graco.com Click onto the International Sales or International Service…or International Suppliers. These people should actually carry these parts. These aren’t that un-common. These are very stockable parts.
    Next…I’m going to guess now…If I bought a Hydraulic 200 from Graco…I’d imagine it cam with a gun that has a filter in the handle…?…or…even the filter already in the line…?
    THe guess is because those pictures are the same ones I use in my “In Line” filter. So…where did you get those pictures. Can that source sell and ship to you?
    Last…did you have any trouble prior to the switch in paint? If not…try something simple…clean the machine good. Strain some paint…different paint…and try again. If you’re good to go…then it was simply the paint. I would still pursue the proper In Line…or In The Gun Handle Filter…but at least we know it was the paint…or the machine needed a simple cleaning.
    More…when you say “sand”…I’m thinking that’s just normal settling. Either try having it shaken…or you need to get a stir into a drill and still it up. I don’t believe this is the problem…but again…that’s normal if the paint sits either days…or a week. Stir it or have it shaken. That “sand” is the hard particles that will be left when the liquids evaporate from the paint. Liquids are used to carry that “sand” or better said…”Solids” to the ground. We need those going to the ground…not staying in the bucket.
    Next…when you said…you just started this business…I assumed the 200 HS was new. Is it?…or is it used?
    AND…what type of Thinner did you use.
    Here’s why…IF it was used…there were some particles in the lines. IF you’re using something “Hotter” than Mineral Spirits…like Acetone…the “Hotter” “thinners” will dissolve the old flakes or paint that normally occur in the used machines…and THAT is the source of the clogs…over and over again.
    Read this through…try some things…keep in touch.
    Dan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Dan,

I have sent to you an email.

Regards,
    Laszlo

Hello Laszlo
    I did get your email. That looks exactly like mine…on my Titan. You have a Graco.
    I have a Graco too…and I don’t have an In Line on it. So…so as not to purchase the wrong part…they are probably interchangeable…but then again…my Graco paint hose is a bigger diameter…anyhow…
    …and since you’re in Africa…we don’t need to be unsure…try this site… http://www.PaintSprayersPlus.com
    Ask for Jason. He carries everything.
    I’ll probably talk to him today too. I’ll give him a heads up.
    Let’s keep in touch.
    AND…did you try those other fixes? Ids the machine spraying again?
    Dan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.