facebookpixel

What’s the easiest way to remove oil stains?

Home Forums Sealcoating Materials What’s the easiest way to remove oil stains?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Hey – I have a question from Mike D about how to remove oil stains. Please give us some input.

++++++++++++

Quote:
    Hello,

First, I would like to say that I love the website. I have found a vast amount of information that has been helpfull. The question I wanted to ask is what advice would you give me in regards to removing oil stains. I am new to the sealing business and I am looking for the easiest way to remove oil stains from the pavement. I am well aware of the oil stain removers that come in liquid form. I was hoping there was another way to do this. I do not want to waste time using the liquid formula and then have to wait for the driveway to dry before I begin. Is there an easier method??

many thanks, Mike

+++++++++++++

Thanks,

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here is another GREAT reason to get into INFRAREDS!!!! With an Infrared Heater and a Asphalt Hotbox you would be able to heat that area in oil saturated asphalt remove it. Then take hotmix out of your Hotbox add it to the repair leavel loot and compact. In Michigan we get about $175 for this GREAT repair multiply that by 10-15 oil spots per bank (or what ever oil spot you have) that’s good money. Each spot takes about 15-20 minutes to do. No need to saw cut the asphalt and remove it just heat it and rake it and add some new asphalt out of your Hotbox/Reclaimer. Please vist KM Internationals New Web-Site at http://www.kminb.com you can watch a You Tube Demo Infrared video as well.

I’ve been talking with lots of people out there that say the season is off to a slow start with all the RAIN! I remind folks all day long that when the rain stops and in some cases it doesn’t even need to stop you can be out working if you have an Infrared Heater and a Hotbox. For you Sealcoaters out there this is a GREAT time to get your yard signs out! Do some Infrared work a month or two before the Sealcoat season and make your yard signs work for you. You’ll soon see that when the first week of nice weather hits your phones will be ringing off the hook, because folks are used to seeing your signs out.
    Kurt Schwartz from KM International The Choice of Asphalt Professionals Worldwide!

Mike , some oil stains are so heavy the only way to handle them is to cut out and patch or treat with an ifrared box. Typically if you can take a screw driver and penetrate the surface easily your sealer will not bond. If the pavement is sound try cleaning with soap and water to remove as much oil as possible just remember to flush the surface really well with clean water. All soap must be removed or you will be creating another oil spot. You may also want to try flash burning (very, very llightly) the surface with a propane burner, then apply an oil spot primer that is recommended by your sealer supplier. If these things don’t work you will have to patch the area.

Give me a call if you get a chance and let me know if these solutions were helpful. You can reach me at 404 696 7660.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.