What do I need to do?

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment What do I need to do?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #5621

    Hey guys,
    I’m thinking about starting to striping/parking lot maintenance.
    What do I need to do Legally before I can start striping?

    Any help would be great!



    aaaagggghhhh…I missed this.
    I’m sorry.
    Legally…?…probably the Vendor’s License.
    I’d call the State Offices or my CPA. ( It’s been 18 years for me. )
    That said…it’s not daunting. It’s not even expensive. I believe to file for a Trade Name is $25.00 and that’s probably not even required. Next…the Vendor’s License may be 50.00…? Things like that.
    Check what I’ve written…it may be different in your state. In Ohio…it was simple.
    I hope that kinda helps. AND…I do apologize for not getting this earlier.
    Last…there may be a class in the Memphis Expo that addresses something like that. I haven’t looked though. But…if you can make it to that Expo in February…all the manufacturers will be thee and classes on how to do the work. There’s always a class or two also on the “Business” side of it.
    Let me know.


    Dan is correct. It differs from state to state. I started with the Department of Revenue, and they were helpful in getting me in touch with the IRS. I ended up going to the county Register of Deeds and paid $10 for a trade name, which is good for 5 years. Keep in mind that there may be city requirements, also.


    Thanks guys.

    I appreciate the help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.