facebookpixel

Thermo Pre Melters

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment Thermo Pre Melters

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Can anyone give me some feedback on a pre melter that is preffered by the paveman community?
    What size is average and going rate in these economic times? Need some PRO feedback?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Graco Kid,

I’m new to the biz and tryin to learn . Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a thermo pre melter? Any help you can give would be great!

B

Anonymous
    Inactive

A pre-melter melts high volumes of thermoplastic. The applicators themselves are very slow in melting (about 2 hours). If you have a 300 pound capacity machine, you will use that 300 pounds on the first intersection, then sit around waiting for another 300 pound melt for 2 hours. You get the idea, a lot of downtime. There are pre-melters in the 500 pound, 1000 pound, 1500 pound and up range. If you buy the 500 you will wish you got the 1000 in a hurry.
    With a prermelter you pull the machine up to the pre-melter, open the valve, fill your machine and apply, when empty simply go back to the pre-melter for another fill and back to work. It takes 30 seconds to fill. The onboard heat now only maintains the temperature.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.