facebookpixel

Properly treating wide cracks

Home Forums Crack Sealing Materials Forum Properly treating wide cracks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My question has to do with properly treating wide cracks in asphalt. I have an upcoming job where the cracks are 3/4″ and an inch deep. I know that filing the entire void with rubberized crack filler is not the correct solution. What I am looking for is a product or “trick” to assist in properly filling the majority of the void prior to treating the crack. Is using sand or filler rope recommended?

Also, I was also asked to treat cracks on a tennis court. The customer requested hot pour rubberized crack-filler. I’m a little hesitant because I worry the product will come up and track all over the surface under high heat and aggressive foot traffic. any suggestions.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Chad

Anonymous
    Inactive

Use a crushed aggregate material (crusher reject, large aggregate sand, squeegee material that has jagged edges, crushed slag, etc). Place the material in the crack about 1/2 inch from the top and then crack seal. Do not use silica sand of 8 mesh sand as it will roll out or migrate down and the sealer material will rupture.

Tom M
    PMIS

Anonymous
    Inactive

To pmisinc,
    Which question are you answering? I’m just stating for tennis courts……..never ever fill cracks with hot rubber, nothing sticks to rubber, including tennis court color!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.