facebookpixel

Prepwork

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just looking to get started in stiping how much lot prep do you have to do on a resripe? Is a shot with a leaf blower good for a lot thats not overly dirty. Thanks Dean

Anonymous
    Inactive

well it is usally up to the contractor in reguards to what you want to do. you also need to factor that into the quote (obviously). However, we just make sure there isn’t really any heavy debris around the lines.(sweep and hand blow) this debris can greatly affect the quality of the line, like paint splattering and hourglassing. A little dust isnt that bad, but hitting rocks while you paint lines is never fun aswell as striping over dirt! You may also like to mention cleaning of the entire lot to the customer if it is really bad. some people dont really care, but you should show them you do. Good luck.

Hey Dean
    It’s rare that I sweep or blow off the lot.
    I do carry a wire brush. Only when there’s a small area of dirt on the line…do I actually clean. And…it only takes a few quick brushes. My guns…and yours will blow some of the debris away…right before the paint hits the pavement. That said…if there is too much dirt…the paint will hit the dirt and then the dirt will fly away…taking the new paint with. No big deal…I just hit the “skipped spot” again.
    Truck docks are the worst.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.