facebookpixel

Poles

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am trying to find a better way to spray poles and light poles without getting over spray on the ground. Any ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive

roofing felt, also have seen plastic stencils for sale on-line & you could talk with your local plastics manufacturer about 4 x 8 sheets and make your own. You can also spray most of the base than roller on the bottom part.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So that roofing felt will just lay flat around the bottom of poles – light poles and wont ride up on them? and i tried to roll the poles before but i use acetone paint so it drys so fast its like it textured the pole before i got it all painted it was a fun experience.

Anonymous
    Inactive

parking lot planet sales light pole stencil

I try to talk people out of spraying Light Pole Bases.
    1) Concrete does not hold paint. In two years…that Light Pole Base will flake and be ugly…but you’re committed now.
    2) People can still see the Base…without me painting it Yellow.
    3) If I don’t paint it now…I can always come back. It’s not hard and we don’t need to clear the lot.
    4) On that note…you can always hand roll. I know it doesn’t always fill the holes…in the base…but…I still council…”If it were my lot…I would leave the Bases alone”.
    Good luck.
    Dan
    P.S. …same advice for the “Wheel Stops” = “Bumper Blocks”. Don’t get me wrong…I’ll paint them. I’ll scrape…if needed…I’ll clean up the flakes on the ground. And…I’ll do a good job. AND…I’ll bill for it.
    But…”If it were my lot…I’d leave ’em alone. They look fine”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve done a ton of pole bases up here in Toledo this summer. I made my own stencil out of a sheet of panelling. Took a little bit of time doing the measuring of the pole, but it works perfectly. I used a 4 x 8′ piece of panelling. On the top part of the base, I measured it from left to right and the up and down to get the dimensions and basically find the center point. Once found, I tied a pencil on the end of a short string. Finding the center of the paneling, I put one end of the string in the middle and drew a circle the size of the pole base using the pencl while still attached to the string. (kinda like using a protrator). It helps if two people do this part. Now; you can either cut the panelling in haf now, or wait until you cut out the center and then cut it in half. It’s much easier and sturdier to cut it in half BEFORE you cut the center out though. You’ll end up with two pieces of panelling that should wrap around the pole base. This method id good for the standard large pole bases. I came upon one lot that a few poles that had a different size base and my stencil was too big. I had to roll those. Like i say, it takes time to make the stencil but once made, i can spray a pole base in 1-2 minutes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.