facebookpixel

Newbie questions

Home Forums Sealcoating Equipment Forum Newbie questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Eric,

I purchased a used Neil 550 trailer unit with the 100gpm pump on it. It appears to be in very good condition. My questions are;

I have never used a hydraulic machine and with a 80/20 mix ratio with 1-2 pounds of sand per gallon what spray tips should i use? It did not come with any and I need to purchase some.

I was told that the leathers were replaced in 2009 and it had very little use since then. Would it be a good idea to rplace these before this season starts?

I will be using a product called Armor Seal asphalt emulsion made here in Washington state, are you familiar with this product and if you are is this my best choice for sealer here in Washington?

I appreciate your time for answering these questions.

mikweb

Anonymous
    Inactive

If the thing has been setting for a long time the leather seals will start to shrink. If the pump holds pressure and stops without cycling it should be fine ,but keep the new seals on hand just in case. Best case would be to change before the season starts so you won’t get caught not finishing a project on time when promised.

As far as Spray Tips an 80/50 tip will work fine. If using sand the tip should be changed every 4-5,000 gal sprayed. This will ensure you don’t use to much sealer. Tips are 4-8 dollars.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Where is the best place to buy parts for this pump?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.