facebookpixel

How to paint A curved line

Home Forums Pavement Striping Materials How to paint A curved line

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

this is something i have yet to try but im interested in learning. whats the easiest way to paint a curved line making it look professionally done?

Hey DNicholson
    …first…with an Airless.
    Next…take the gun out from it’s cradle. Then…loosen that “Horizontal” arm.
    Next…spin it around…so the cradle is now almost right beside the back tire.
    Next…re-install the gun into it’s cradle. Be careful with the cable.
    SO…the gun is now going to spray…almost right beside the rear tire…and since you’re moving forward…like you always do…the gun is actually spraying backwards too. Does that maker sense?
    Next…pull the trigger. AND…pull the “other” trigger that releases the front tire to roam. DO NOT lift up the front…NO WHEELIES…!
    Next…wander around spraying water. You’ll be amazed.
    It’s that simple.
    NOW…as an experiment…put the gun cradle back up front…where it came from…and replace the gun…just like you’re going to spray a typical line. NOW…pull the trigger and also the “other” trigger…to release the front tire. AND TURN. You’ll see that the line diminishes to NOTHING…if you try it this way.
    SO…simply put…remove the gun…spin the horizontal arm around…replace the gun…be careful with the cable.
    Spray away…releasing the front tire.
    Last…this still takes practice…but it’s a blast. I just sprayed a 30′ curve. It was beautiful. I’ve also sprayed 16 Tether Ball courts without breaking any sweat. ( It’s harder to follow a given line. Go slower. )
    Try it with water…you’ll love it.
    How’s that?
    Dan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Dan, thanks for the great tip. I never thought of putting the gun toward the rear tire. Make alot of sense. Thanks again
    Diamond

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dan, I’m guessing that moving the gun to the rear would also apply on curbs that are not straight? I looked at a very large job yesterday, and it had lots of curbing that were not straight but had gentle curves in them. The top and sides of the curb were previously painted.

Thanks
    Randy

Hello Randy…how are you?
    Hope all is well.
    I would have to try that…and it would be worth trying. It’s too simple to take the gun out of the cradle…spin the Horizontal Bar…and re-insert the gun…angle it to the side and go. It sounds like that would alleviate “hand spray touch ups”.
    I’ve always just released the front tire and sprayed.
    That said…I’ve also helped another striper. He would take the gun into his hand and drive slowly…while spraying the asphalt curb that surrounded the flower beds. He’d spray Right Handed. He’d hold the Left Handle Bar while releasing the front tire…and drive…and spray. It looked great. I do remember him going slowly around the curved ends and even driving backwards a couple times. I also think his backed ached a little after the three long, hot dog shaped islands were through…but they looked great and it was relatively quick.
    SO…turn the gun…spray the curb…or ride…and spray the curves by hand…releasing the front tire too.
    Randy, it was good to hear from you. Let me know how these work out.
    Look me up if you visit Memphis.
    Dan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.