facebookpixel

How close can you stripe to cars

Home Forums Pavement Striping Materials How close can you stripe to cars

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey everyone,

first i want to say thanks for all the great information, this forum has been my go to guide while i have been setting up my striping company in Canada.

My question is how close can you stripe to cars parked in a parking lot with 100% guarantee they will not get over-spray? and in the situation where you dont want to make a second trip to the site due to only 2-3 parking spaces being unpainted is it an acceptable practice to roll on traffic paint to get close to these filled spaces?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some input… Airless machines (likely what you are using) if set right should have very little overspray as long as wind is not present. But striper’s tend to get blamed for a lot when operating close to vehicles. From scratches to paint film.

As for rolling the paint… If you are using a waterborne fast dry paint it is likely that you will have difficulty rolling it. It likely will dry on the roller. If it is a high solid paint (Identified by a weight of about 72lbs per pail) you can add about a soda can of water to a 5 gallon pail to slow down the dry process for easier rolling.

I will let Dan answer your question more definitively from his experience.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is a little off the subject, but how well does the paint work for painting garage floors? Is there lift off when parking vehicles with hot tires. I’m guessing that latex would be the better. The reason I ask, is that I was given 4 pails of Sherwin Williams paint. Two of them are latex. I tried using the red yesterday, to make sure I have no issues with the paint. I shook, and stirred the heck out of it, and it still clogged the system, with old scabs. The paint was supposed to have been from last September, so I’m thinking about rolling it on the garage floor.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.