facebookpixel

Has anyone heard of there being a problem getting water based ( latex ) traffic paint in the U.S.A due to some product shortage we import from China t

Home Forums Pavement Striping Materials Has anyone heard of there being a problem getting water based ( latex ) traffic paint in the U.S.A due to some product shortage we import from China t

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I recently had a paint store tell me they had some yellow traffic paint but didnt have white and didnt know when they were going to get more due to a shortage of some material we import from China . Is this true and has anyone else heard or having a problem getting latex traffic paint , white or yellow or both ? I have a friend that works for our state capitol Salem oregon and all there strippers that work for the city of Salem have stopped stripping due to a paint shortage …. should strippers be alarmed by this ?? any help on this would be great or a website to read up on this would be helpful thanks …
    Tony

Tony
    I haven’t. That said…when SW said they were out…Glidden had plenty. When Glidden didn’t get any Yellow…PPG had it.
    I cannot speak for the entire country…or a smaller metropolis…but I’ve only been “inconvenienced” once or twice.
    Next…when I did find it…I bought…like everybody else…40 more gallons…than I needed. Thus…creating…another shortage…well…kinda.
    Then…prices went up at ONE of the stores. The others didn’t. Now…PPG says…”That’s over…we have plenty”. And…I like their paint.
    Next…there are many smaller chains around the country too…not Just the big 3. I mention these in one of my videos…and I list them in my book.
    I hope I helped.
    Dan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, there WAS a shortage of the bonding agent in all paints. If you shop around (like I did and Dan Z. suggested) there were suppliers who could get paint for you. I had to switch from S.W. as a supplier to Glidden but they supplied me with as much paint of any color that I needed all summer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.