facebookpixel

Grayco 5500

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment Grayco 5500

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried sending a pm to you Dan, but I’m not sure it went through. I found this Grayco 5500 locally for $1,200. The ad doesn’t give any details. It looks like it has a sprayer on back? Any thoughts on this machine and price as an entry level unit?

I Googled it and came up kind of empty. I thought that was weird. Any questions or anything I should ask the owner (besides for a full demonstration)?

thank you

Lee

Anonymous
    Inactive

a better pic

Hello Lee
    I hate to say this…but…no.
    That said…I’m not exactly sure what I’m looking at…and…the picture also includes a glimpse of another machine.
    That machine in the background is a striper…not this one.
    Next…as a striper…who has assembled and fixed many…on the job…I’d still say no. And…for a start up person…no.
    I hate to say this too…but…you may very well be better off buying new…or find the proverbial “Corvette in Grandma’s Garage”.
    If you stumble across a machine that’s been used twice…and can be shown to you…stripe a line…etc…that’s it.
    OR…find a rental company who has one…rent it…or ask to buy it. Things like that.
    Next…if they ever show up on eBay or CL…they do not last long…they’re sold quickly.
    That however is a testimony to the industry.
    Bottom line…you’ll be nervous enough on your first few jobs…you do not want a “Frankenstein” machine…or a boat anchor.
    I know it’s tough to pull the trigger on NEW…therefore…bide your time.
    Search out the other “tools”…price them out…collect…build Mr. Box…etc.
    Call SW and ask if they have any cancelled orders. Call an equipment shop to see if they have a rebuilt machine that no one has claimed.
    Something will occur. OR…buy a new one online. They all come from MN. The only time you’ll be hit with Sales Tax is if you’re in the same state. And…shipping is always free.
    Buy the Titan 2850 or the Graco 3400. I’ll send you to a good guy.
    Last…obviously…buy airless.
    Again…pass on this…line up a job or two…collect other tools…keep your eyes open.
    And…if you line up a church that’ll pay 700.00…weigh that into the selling price of the new one…vs. a used thing without a job being lined up.
    You’ll do fine…plenty of time.
    I hope that helps some.
    Dan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Once again, thank you very much for your help.

Lee

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve got a titan 2800m for sale in Nebraska $1200 just repacked

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.