facebookpixel

Graco LineLazer 3400

Home Forums Sealcoating Equipment Forum Graco LineLazer 3400

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.graco.com/Internet/T_PDB.nsf/SearchView/LineLazer3400

I bought this machine in May and have not used it for sealcoating. I was wondering if sealcoating is hard on the wear and tear of a machine like this? Is it a special type of sealcoating material one should use? I have bought Black Jack® Drive-Kote™ 500
    http://www.gardner-gibson.com/files/uploads/6452_BJ_TDS.pdf to use on my driveway but just uneasy about putting it through the machine. Any information from the professionals would be great.

Hello Volfan
    Are you asking if you can use the Graco 3400 to spray Seal Coat material…in other words…
    Do you want to spray Seal Coat material through the Graco 3400?
    If that’s the question…please don’t do that.
    Without checking the particulars…don’t do it.
    You were right to go with your gut = “uneasy”.
    Again…don’t do it.
    Your friend.
    Dan

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.graco.com/Internet/T_PDB.nsf/SearchView/LineLazer3400

Thanks for the answer I thought it might not be a good idea after years of doing my driveway with a mop. I often looked like BuckWheat after I finished.

According to the brochure from Graco I should be able to sealcoat with the machine but do not know what type of sealcoat to use. I called the person I bought the machine from and he did not recommend doing the sealing with it. He did say if the sealcoat did not contain sand it should be OK.

I wonder why Graco advertises that it is OK to use it if everyone else says it is not a good idea?

Again, THANK YOU for your answer!!

Hello Volfan
    …anytime.
    Have you tried to send in the info to the actual Graco web site?
    Next…I do not know the ingredients to seal coat…or the filter requirements, screen sizes, tip sizes…blahblah…
    It may be one of those things that is possible but, you do not want to try. The money, risk of unknown, time involved…etc.
    You may as well buy a squeegee.
    Next…what do you use the 3400 for? Is it to stripe parking lots? Is it to spray decks…anything?
    Let me know.
    Dan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dan Zurcher

Have you tried to send in the info to the actual Graco web site?

No I have not sent it in to them. I called them and they basically said the same thing you guys are saying. I just bought the 3400 back in May. I just wanted an easy way to sealcoat my driveway and thought this would be possible. I use my 3400 to paint parking lots and since I am a football coach at a local high school I will be doing the game field for Friday Night Football.

Eric Humphries

Unfortunately I am not 25 years old and already have a back problem from time to time. One of the main reasons I am trying to find an easier way to sealcoat my driveway instead of using squeegee.

I just wanted people’s opinion before I attempted this idea. Glad I asked before doing.

Thanks to everyone and their input on this matter.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone have an idea how I could possibly sealcoat my driveway other than a squeegee? Other than getting someone with a better back to do it for me. LOL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.