facebookpixel

Feathered edges

Home Forums Pavement Striping Materials Feathered edges

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, Just Got my first real striping job. In other words, this one is for pay, very little but just starting off here o.k. Don’t want any “feathered edges” I’m gonna use a new tip. Think I’ve got the R.P.M.’s and the pressure basically figured out, but I want sharp edges, wouldn’t have it any other way? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I’m crawling before I walk? Thanks, TOMSTRIPE.

Hello Tomstripe
    You’ll do fine.
    What type machine do you have? The RPM statement has me intrigued.
    As far as the edges are concerned…the machine should do most of the work.
    That said…new tips are always a good idea…that I sometimes forget to embrace.
    Dan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Dan,

My machine is a Graco 3500 it’s ten years old, but it works. About thr R.P.M.’s, I’ve been trying different throttle settings and pressure settings on the pump to avoid hourglassing and trying to keep sharp edges. I tried opening the gas cap that you had suggested and didn’t notice much difference. The stripes sre looking better, Anywho I’ll post back and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Tomstripe

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Tomstripe..how did u do on ur first job? great…I hope. I am thinking of getting in the striping biz. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You jws1

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m doing two jobs this weekend and I will post and let you know! I got a call the next day, after my last post, for another smaller lot just four miles from the first one. Both yellow, won’t even have to flush out in between. Read the posts on here and such, there a wealth of knowledge. I’m starting with a used machine to keep the cost down. We don’t have much warm weather left in central Ohio for outside work this season but maybe some inside work can be done! Thanks, Tomstripe

Anonymous
    Inactive

The jobs went well. The first had several stencils and parking blocks that took a while longer, but they were about the same size with one having 19 spaces and the other 21 spaces with two no parking stencils. The second one took less than an hour. I’m looking for more work of course! Hope to be able to do some more this month with the weather and all. If you can do them when the business is closed it’s much easier of course, but when there open 24 hours get with the owner and discuss a slow time, Sunday at noon was supposed to be slow but I still had to leave half open then switch but the switch was time consuming, and yes the cones and caution tape mean “Hey lady drive this way” joke! It’s a good thing!

Thanks,
    Tomstripe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.