facebookpixel

Coal Tar Ban

Home Forums Sealcoating Materials Coal Tar Ban

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Have heard that using of Coal Tar has been banned in US due to Cancer causes, is this true, what would be the alternative?

admin
    Keymaster

Farzad –

It is true that Coal Tar has been banned in a few places. There was a lot of hype about it a little while back due to a study that was conducted by the city of Austin Texas. Turns out their study was very flawed, but Coal Tar has still recieved some bad press from the media becuase of it. There actually is no proof that Coal Tar sealers cause cancer any more than Asphalt Emulsion. Check out this website to learn more about it. It’s a great resource. http://www.truthaboutcoaltar.com

I would love to hear from others on what they’ve heard.

Anonymous
    Inactive

THANKS FOR THE USEFUL INFO, DO YOU KNOW ANY GOOD AND RELIABLE SOURCE (AMERICAN COMPANY) THAT CAN EXPORT COAL TAR FROM US TO UAE, WE HAVE ENQAUIRES AND LIKE TO ACT AS AN AGENT.

admin
    Keymaster

Harry Carter of Gem Seal would be a good person to talk to. He is actually the moderator of this forum, so let’s see if he has any recommendations for you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

HAVE YOU GOT ANY EMAIL ADDRESS ON HARRY? INTERESTING I CAN NOT FIND ANY EMAIL ON THEIR WEBPAGE..! THANKS

You can reach me at harry.carter@oldcastleapg.com.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.