facebookpixel

Chlorinated Rubber Paint?

Home Forums Pavement Striping Materials Chlorinated Rubber Paint?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Can you advise me about Chlorinated Rubber paint? I have been offered some at a low price, it is left over from someone who quit the striping business. I am used to Waterbased paint, but saving money on paint appeals to me. Will I have to change tips, any problem in a graco 3400?

Hello Stripe Guy 2
    … personally…I’d pass. I’ve used CR. It’s much like Oil Based Paint. It sprays fine…etc. I wouldn’t change tips unless I had a snag somewhere. ( I use Graco 319 tips…almost always. I have used 323 for the Hot Line…going fast on a road…etc. )
    But…I’d want to check to see if the paint was any good. Open a can. Even though it’s “New” paint…which it may not be…THAT…new…it may be “Old” enough to allow air into the bucket…and still have a “pancake” skin across the top. OR…worse…all lumpy pudding.
    Bottom line…I’d need to know how “Old” it is. If you’re in a state that allows that paint…it may be fine. $5.00 per gallon.
    If you’re in a State that does not allow for CL to be made anymore…but YES…you can use up the stock you have…again…how old is it?
    Last…and again…personally…it’s not worth the risk…for me.
    Oh…I believe the thinning agent in Mineral Spirits. Check the cost. I haven’t purchased it for so long…I don’t know.
    Dan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.