facebookpixel

ASPHALT BASED EMULSIONS

Home Forums Sealcoating Materials ASPHALT BASED EMULSIONS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am considering making and distributing asphalt sealer to give the competition a run for there money. Currently there is 2 known distributors in my state and only 1 of them actually applies there material. They have a complete monopoly on all large jobs and when they are to booked they give the other companies the work. This has been going on for approx. the last 20 years. I would like to hear of any distribution oppritunitys with established asphalt based emulsion ,manufacturing co. :coolsmile:

Is coal tar sealer avalilable in your area?

I AM IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON AND THE ONLY KNOWN SEALER MANUFACTURER IS ARMOUR SEAL. IT IS A GOOD PRODUCT , I WOULD JUST LIKE TO START MANUFACTURING,DISTRIBUTING, AND APPLYING A SEALER THAT IS EVEN BETTER AND BE ABLE TO GIVE THE OTHER COMPANIES A CHOICE , INSTEAD OF BEING AT THE MERCY OF 1 DISTRIBUTOR. I DONT KNOW IF THERE IS COAL TAR AVAILABLE OR NOT IN THIS STATE. SEALMASTER USED TO BE DISTRIBUTED BY THE SAME MANUFACTURER, BUT NOW ITS ONLY ARMOUR SEAL.I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR NEW & USED SEALCOATING EQUIPTMENT.

I’m not really familiar with the business in your state. Perhaps you should attend the National Pavement show in Nashville next week. All manufacturers in the US should be there, this would give you an excellent opportunity to feel everyone out.

Little Wonder
    Participant

Washington has a history of too few suppliers. The Tacoma boys have been the major supplier for many years and they are or were the coal tar supplier in the area as well.

Next nearest suppliers are in Portland, Phoenix Asphalt and Special Asphalt. They constantly do battle with Tacoma over market share which, in my opinion, drives down prices and quality.

A good source of material is RaynGuard in Sacramento, which I am involved in (so take this with a grain of salt). RaynGuard ships a lot of material (SteelGuard) to Seattle, Portland and the coast areas. The contractors that use SteelGuard claim it covers better so the freight cost is worth it.

Gordon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.