facebookpixel

anyone have experiance with the trueline 250 sprayer i am just starting out, again

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment anyone have experiance with the trueline 250 sprayer i am just starting out, again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

wondering if this unit works well and what size tips stripe-rs have used I plan on using water base used to strip twenty years ago so I guess not using oil and a kelly will be a bit different LOL

Hey Mad Striper
    …see if I can help here…
    I don’t know…but only in terms of…I’ve never used one or seen one. Maybe I’ll get to, at the upcoming Nashville Show.
    That said…I’ve been asked this by many people…here’s what I think:
    1) I see the Videos. They look good. It’s that simple.
    2) I’ve seen the prices. They are about half of what everyone else uses…but…
    3) That means…I’ve never seen a Striper use one.
    In my town…everyone’s a striper. Oh well. And…everyone either has ALL Titans…or…ALL Gracos.
    If…and again…IF…that’s a statement…we’ll try to either read into it…or try not to read into it.
    Next…I would want to see it work.
    A) I would want to know how to fill the tank.
    B) I would need to know…where in my town…I could fill it… ( the tank ).
    C) How much it is…to fill.
    D) How far it will go.
    Simple questions…and I’m sure a phone call to the MFG is all it takes to find out.
    Next…I see the Testimonials…it seems like…again…seems like…the Testimonials come from individuals who stripe their own place of work. Maybe I’m wrong. If I am…does it really matter? If it does a great job for them at their place of business…wouldn’t it also do a great job for you…if you’re looking to start a side business? I think the answer is yes.
    So…can we keep in touch? Let me know what else you find out…and…I’m going to Nashville this February…I’ll look them up. We’ll figure it out.
    I hope this all helps.
    Let me know.
    Dan
    P.S. You know what…? I just watched the Video again. It looks easier than I thought.
    Now I’m more than curious.

OK…I have had a talk with one person. Again…just one person.
    I “heard” the Red Metal Curtains…that you’ll see if the Videos, Promo…etc…drip…when you’re traveling from one line to another. But…that’s it.
    Here’s my thought…”can you pop a wheelie and wipe them off…?”
    Here’s why I say that…( My Conventional also has “Air Curtains”. )
    Here’s what they are…on my Conventional.
    1) The Exhaust Muffler…which is a small box that measures about 4″ x 4″ x 4″…was removed…from the Honda Engine.
    2) A metal, flex tube, about 3′ long, was installed in its place.
    3) The other end of the metal flex tube, ( which now carries the exhaust gases )…or fumes…or whatever you want to call them……(again…) …the metal flex tube carries the exhaust gases…to two “outlets”…right next to where the paint comes out…right at the tip.
    These “outlets” produce a “Curtain” of “Air”…on both sides of the spray. Again…they’re “Air Curtains”. This helps “sharpen” up the “fuzzy” edges…of the spray. It’s that simple.
    Bottom line…The exhaust from the engine is re-routed to become curtains of air.
    Next…sometimes I have to wipe them off. It’s not a big deal to me. And…it’s only ONE thing.
    BUT…I don’t know if you can easily wipe off the Red Box on the Trueline…or even raise it off the pavement a little to help lessen the amount of “over spray paint” that it collects.
    Here’s the reason I say all this…when you visit the site for Trueline…you’ll see a Red Metal Box…that travels down at the line…right where the spray tip is. It serves to …sharpen up any “fuzzy edges”…and also to keep any wind from effecting your line. ( Or is it…”Affecting”…?…Effecting?…Affecting?. NO…it’s Effecting. ) Anyhow…
    1) I emailed Trusco…they emailed right back…gave me the name of who to contact. (I haven’t yet. But, they were quick. )
    2) The site is actually http://www.truscomfg.com
    3) Even if these do drip…from the build up of paint hitting the inside of the red box…you decide…Price vs. Application…for yourself.
    4) That said…( here comes a shameless promotion…) …it would be fine on Turf…or Grass…which certain videos show.
    …and I manufacture and sell Athletic Field Stencils. I’ll put that Stencil Kit on my site in the next few days…along with others.
    5) There are several models and price points:
    A) One model is Electric powered
    B) One model is powered by Honda engine.
    C) One model is Battery powered
    D) One model is filled with Compressed Air from your air compressor…on site.
    E) One model is filled with …( I think Nitrogen…check me on that…) that is filled at almost any welding shop.
    F) One model is filled by a hand pump…kinda like a deck sprayer.
    Next…the compressors actually come off the first two models. That’s cool.
    BUT…I already have a “Pancake” Compressor that looks almost identical to the Electric model…so…?…buy the Compressed Air Model…and just fill it…with your compressor. That’ s cool too.
    Next…we all need the Stencil Gun…and…it’s mentioned with the Electric, Engine and “Compressed Air”…models.
    You check if it’s extra…or comes with it…etc.
    Last…I did notice a model that has the Rear Tire Swivel. Whenever I spray circles or curves…( I also have a Titan and a Graco )…I have to swing the Gun around to spray from near the rear tire. This Rear Tire Swivel may be a nice little option.
    OK…that’s your primer. Look around…I’ll email Trusco that I posted this. I hope I’m being fair… Let me know.
    Dan
    P.S. I’ll bet this company will be at the Nashville Pavement Expo…this February…with Demos. ( I’m not sure…but I’ll bet. Ask ’em. )
    And…Full Disclosure…I’ve never personally seen one of these in operation, …and I am not being paid and I’m not a Distributor.
    I’m offering what I’ve found…because I have a number of inquiries. I hope I helped.
    See ya.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dan
    I guess I am guilty of witholding information the reason I posted the question is because I purchased a almost new machine, yes it works off nitrogen which doesnt react with paints, the bottle is normally about two hundred to get a lease started and it costs between 20 -25 for a exchange the drip problem is solved by stopping spray last six inches then pulling back over line while spraying that six ( sounds like it will always drip to me) will have to see how it works. well gonna read more of your book thanks for doing the research, George

Hey George
    How are you?
    …no worries…
    I’m interested. I’m always interested.
    Keep me informed on the TrueLine. Also…if you’re in Nashville…look me up.
    AND…take 10% off any stencil on my site.
    I make good stencils.
    George…thanks again.
    Dan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.