facebookpixel

Reply To: airless: clutch vs hydraulic

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment airless: clutch vs hydraulic Reply To: airless: clutch vs hydraulic

Hello Rob
How are you?
First…I did read you were having some snags with the 2850.
I agree with some and wonder about the others.
First…I…and many stripers never clean their machines. I read where you borrowed and didn’t clean…no troubles.
And…that won’t stop the pump. Your trouble sounds like that switch…that would’ve been my first try…and then…the ball getting stuck. Besides that…I really don’t think the suggestion that you put it together wrong is valid.
Whenever my pump is pumping but there isn’t pressure…it’s the ball. But…you’rs is clean…I am not sure beyond that.
All that said…I have a Graco 3900. I think they are over priced…but, it works. And…I’ve used the crap out of it…and I don’t clean it either. Next…the price point is the same as Titan’s Hydraulic. ( The 3900 is mechanical. )
But…the Titan 4950 literally wobbles. Three customers were told…drill the handle bars and put a screw in it.
Next…the difference between the Mechanical and Hydraulic is pumping. The M pumps 5 times more…?…than the H.
In other words…it’s like a 6 cylinder vs. an 8. You’d think they’d wear out. The stroke is shorter too.
( This is why I think they are over priced. ) You’re paying for an 8 cylinder when getting a 4…!
Bottom line though…it may save you a few hundred bucks from buying the Titan 4950.
It will save you a ton from buying the HS200…which is a heavy machine.
( I’ve been using both the 3900 and the HS200 recently. )
( AND…I do have the opportunity to buy a Titan 4950 kinda cheap…! )
Rob…keep the 2850.
Look into the Lemon Law.
Don’t quit pursuing the warranty. I know there’s a stipulation about trading in and / or upgrading…if you are simply not happy.
I don’t know the time limits though.
Keep in touch.
Dan