facebookpixel

Reply To: To offer Cracksealing and Sealcoating or not ?

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment To offer Cracksealing and Sealcoating or not ? Reply To: To offer Cracksealing and Sealcoating or not ?

Hello Steve
I wish I knew. I wish there was an answer that fit all people, companies…etc.
I’ve been striping 19 years. I’ve rarely been asked to Crack Fill. The next guy…you…!…may get asked so many times…you may.
That said…I did own a large Diesel Crafco Crack Fill machine. It was a 125 gallon.
I had the 30 gallon and also a 10 gallon applicator. I used it though on jobs for other contractors…more than the job that was mine.
With that in mind…if Crack Filling is a big thing in your area…try it. And…remember, you may just be the sub on one job…and then just stripe on another…and offer both on your own…etc.
As far as Seal Coating goes…I never tried it…except on the job that was my repeat customer…and it was small enough for me to handle.
I have a friend the has all that and I sub it out on anything with size.
Last…the only thing I did not like was totally switching gears.
In other words…one trailer for this…one for that…etc.
For me…again…for me…I’m a striper. I sold the Crack Fill…I sub the Seal Coating…I’m good with that…etc.
However, you may have the right crew…the right clientele…and be a different situation…etc.
I hope that helps some.
Keep in touch. Let me know how it goes.
Dan
P.S. My Dad, Grandpa and Great Grandpa took me to Canada to fish a couple times. They took me out of school to do so.
I’ll always remember that. Cool memories in a great country. ( I caught huge Walleye, Perch and Pike…too…! Even the Blue Gill fought like whales…! )
Thanks again.
Take care.