facebookpixel

Reply To: Universal Paint?

Home Forums Pavement Striping Materials Universal Paint? Reply To: Universal Paint?

Hello D
How are you?
First of all…yes, I had to laugh about the “Cottage Cheese” reference. I’ve been there. That’s exactly what we called it.
As far as the paint…you are more a man than I am…if you’re willing to spray Solvent on fresh seal. I’ve had SW Acetone turn light brown over old…OLD…stripes…!…that were on OLD seal. It was just a Re-stripe, too! It wasn’t everywhere…but I had to touch it up. AND…AND…you have to wait. It may turn brown in 10 seconds…or…OR…10 minutes later…!
Next…in Ohio…we’re not allowed to use any solvents. SO…we use Acetone.
As for me…I try hard to use Latex throughout the year…up to and including…I’ll sub the job out if it demands Acetone…and all I have is Latex in the machine…and more latex work coming. Again…I’ll sub out the Acetone work…not just because…but for the reasons you stated too: the clean up is not fun, switching isn’t either.
SO…my only advice is this…
1) Let’s both look for a Regional Manufacturer.
2) I try to buy “normal” Set Fast via SW. THEN…when weather cools…I switch to the Hot Line.
Hot Line has a few things going for it.
1) 67% solids. With that amount…two things…
A) I use a .021 tip. Maybe a .019 would work.
B) That many solids displace the water = LESS water…= dry times are fast.
C) AND…it’s touted as a “Fast Dry”. I do like it on cool days…and October evenings…etc. Now…it’s all I use.
SO…bottom line…until we find one…or make our own…maybe the 67% solid feature will look better on your layouts.
Last…it looks fine on mine…but again…I use a .021. Maybe that helps.
If you’re already using HL…we’re down to one option.
Did I help?
Dan