facebookpixel

Reply To: Road Striping

Home Forums Pavement Striping Materials Road Striping Reply To: Road Striping

Hello Bryan…no apologies necessary…
I have the (3) pump, two color, pull behind type.
It’s a great unit.
I have a partner in that area. He’s the one who travels and stripes. I use the “ride ons” to stripe here in town…that’s all mine.
Let me get back to you on that.
On your next question…Yes.
What you’ve described is a (4) lane road…that …therefore has (3) “Lane Lines”.
I can bid 14 cents per foot. OR…I could say 700.00 per mile…( .14 x 5280 = 739.20. )…or less.
Whatever you need to do to get the job…get it.
Yes…it’s that simple.
SO…now comes the competition…from TWO places.
1) If you get 700..00 per Lane Line…someone else may say…”what are the specs?”
Bryan…if the specs are 4′ ON and 40′ OFF…holy cow…I’d take less…wouldn’t you?
2) The contractor may very well buy something to stripe that himself. He’d train a worker…that would be their job…hourly…even though it’s Prevailing Wage…the contractor would make a profit.
Those are your (2) main competitors.
That said…there are plenty of crews that mill for temporary and do not have the man power or care to stripe.
Look around. Don’t rule out a trip or two…maybe to the next county; rural roads…small townships…etc.
Next…you seem to be in a good spot to test the water. Ask a contractor or two if they’d Sub the work…for their temp striping or if they ever bid “Long Lines” for other Municipalities. It’ll get them thinking. Maybe they’ll hire you…maybe this is their “IN” to the smaller Suburbs…etc.
Bryan…you never know.
Recap…I do not see a problem with the Road Laser on curves. If I ever sell mine…I’ll let you know.
And…if you ever buy from the Great Graco…they’ll show you how.
And…yes…the entire length is a starting point. It’s the price I always get. It’s how I bid.
The selling point is this…I’m there…with the Asphalt Paving Crew. Tell me where to be and when.
Here’s the translation…when WE ALL pull away…BILL IT…right then.
New topic…if you have a Rider…Graco or Lazy Liner or Titan…you CAN temp stripe now.
The milling crew will have a Zone. They mill the “Curb Lanes” first…in a “Race Track” form. When those are done…they stop traffic…they’ll let it = traffic…”bleed out”. Then…when all cars are through…they “move” traffic to the Curb Lanes…and then Mill the “interior”.
You can stripe the Lane Lines then…and then wait until the crew is done with the Interior…laying it out as you can.
Then…when they are completely done…stripe it. Go home. Again…when they pull away…they can bill it. Milled and striped.
If you need to talk “Riders” call me. There (3) MFG’s to choose from. I’ll tell you everything.
Now…for this bottom line…
You can try to get some temp striping under your belt, now.
You can use a rider and a nice striping machine…such as:
Titan 4950.
Graco 3900.
Graco 200HS.
…or ANYTHING bigger…( from these two MFGs )…but these will do the job…easily.
Bryan, I talk too much.
Let’s meet at the next Pavement Show. Rumor has it that it’s in Nashville…this February.
I’ll introduce you to a Graco guy or two.
How’s that?
And…if I haven’t exactly answered your questions…let me know.
( I’ll post again on my partner’s view of curves. )
Dan