facebookpixel

Reply To: cover old stencil markings

Home Forums Sealcoating Materials cover old stencil markings Reply To: cover old stencil markings

Hello Arcee
How are you?
Here’s what I’d do…go to either SW or PPG or Glidden or the local paint store…Lowe’s…? and buy a goolon of Black.
Next…take an existing gallon or so of your White striping paint.
Mix in some of the black…stir. Does it kinda look like the asphalt…? If not…add a little more and stir.
You’ll never get it to disappear…but I try to match the shade of the asphalt.
Next…same goes for the numbers. I can’t tell if you have to black out the existing or just spray new ones.
But…if you’re blacking out the existing…black out a nice rectangle…right where the new number will go.
Then…spray your numbers.
Next…I wouldn’t order any more numbers. Yes…the 1 will get sloppy…just wipe it off every 3-4 digits. You’ll be fine.
Next…the 2 will also get a little sloppy when you hit the 20’s…personally…I have a few sets on numbers…I’d probably grab 1 set and go.
THAT SAID…I have a set of numbers that I’ll put on eBay. There’s small divit missing from the 2…you’ll see it.
I’ll sell this as a second.
I’ll put it up later.
Next…I have a VISITORS and I have a VISITOR.
VISITOR is correct English. That’s it. That’s all. You cannot get 2 visitors cars on there…but you can get two visitors in one car in that stall…blahblah. If you need a PLURAL VISITORS…let me know. Again…I’ve seen both…tomato … tomAHto…you decide.
I hope that helps.
Let me know.
P.S. Black out nicely. Even put your stencil right where it belongs…trace around the perimeter…slide it aside…hand roll the interior…greyish / black…in a nice square or rectangle. It’ll look nice. Then…spray yours back on top…kinda like doing a Blue Block…but using grey / black that you mixed…to save money.
See ya.
Dan