facebookpixel

Reply To: hourglass lines

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment hourglass lines Reply To: hourglass lines

…you know what…I was going to ask…though it doesn’t make a difference when speaking about the hour glassing…what tip you’re using.
The tip should have a 4 digit numbering system. In other words…it should read 1708…or…1908…or 1912…etc. If it does not…and if it has a three number system…it’s wrong. It’s a spray tip for walls.
Again…this is not the trouble…but it would explain the “thin” paint on the edges. Striping tips have a different shape orifice…etc…I could get into that. BUT…you need a 4 digit numbering system on the tip for striping.
Next..I use all 1912 tips for my Titan and the equivalent for my Graco.
Next…turn the pressure up. Your machine thinks you want 1000 pounds or 1400 pounds of pressure. SO…that’s what ist is delivering…to push MUD…! My engine is all the way up. My pressure is anything I need. Again…crank the engine all the way up…just like you’re going out to mow the lawn…all the way up. If that makes a difference…cool. Then add a splash of water to the latex…and I’ll bet you’re see another difference…good to go. Let me know the results of that.
Next…let me know what tip you’re using. Is it the 4 digit number? If so…which one. If not…buy a 1708 and a 1712.
Next…when you think you’re ready to walk a little faster…buy the 1908…OR…the 1912…whichever you then prefer.
How’s that?
Dan