facebookpixel

Reply To: hourglass lines

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment hourglass lines Reply To: hourglass lines

Hey Arcee
…in this order…try these things…if you already haven’t…then let me know…
1) Crank the pressure all the way up. Stripe a line. If the trouble is gone…cool.
If so…back the pressure off a quarter turn…stripe a line…if it’s still good…cool.
Then do it again…until the hour glassing appears. THEN…crank it back up a quarter turn…maybe even two quarters.
2) Thin the paint. Most paint buckets give the allowable “reducing” = thinning amounts on the label. I’ve seen as much as 20%. That’s a gallon…!…per five…! The City workers cut the paint = thin the paint = reduce the paint 50%…! I’ve never added more than a splash. So try that…add a splash at a time. Remember…water is thin…paint is thick…so we’re looking for that place in the middle. …just a splash at a time…stir…circulate…stripe a line. ( I’m assuming the line does not pulsate when striping with water. )
3) I don’t use the SW Hotline. I think it’s too thick. I do like the Set Fast paint lines they have. They have at least two. One has 50% solids…the other has…57%.
Anyhow…the “Hotline” has 67%…it clogs my tips. Other people like it. You decide. Here’s my point…yes…there are paints out there that are either too thick and need reduced or…they have this sticky effect that will not allow the paint to “fan” out = stuck together. Adding a splash of reducer…water if it’s Latex paint…cures both ailments.
I do not believe it’s the machine. If that were the case…2800s all over would be failing. Mine hasn’t. Don’t spend any money.
Last…PM me the brand of paint you’re using. I have my favs.
Let me know.
Dan