facebookpixel

Reply To: Water based paints……YUCK!

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment Water based paints……YUCK! Reply To: Water based paints……YUCK!

stvsloan
Refresh my memory…
1) Is it an Airless Machine? If not…you must use a Binks 21 on a Conventional Machine…for Latex…and…as you know…a Low Pressure Diaphragm Gun for Alkyd.
2) If it’s an Airless…I’m sure you’re using the “Long” hose. Some Airless Guns are equipped with a (2) gun unit. The “long” hose is for the (1) gun set up and then IF…IF…you use the (2) gun…THEN…and only then…can you engage the “short” 6′ hose…to supply it. BUT…you cannot use ONLY the “short” hose for a (1) gun set up. YoOu’ll get the symptoms you described.
That said…you sound like a pro and these aren’t the “fix”.
3) I’ve had emails complaining of “the line”…from a MFG…I am not aware of. Try PPG. Then…Sherwin Williams. Use “Regular Old Latex”…or Fast Dry…if you want. I have a Video on how they are made and when I use them. BUT…only buy the Video Titled …
How I Stripe: Outdoor Striping Paint; Part (1). AND…if you’re truly interested…let me know…I’ll lower the price…just for you…well…everyone. Hell…I’ll do it now.
Bottom line…
A) I use Latex everyday…all Season. It should spray like cream.
B) Are you using a Conventional?…use a Binks 21.
C) Are you using an Airless?…use only the long hose.
D) Switch paint…
BUT…only pick one option…we need to know what worked.
Did I help?
Dan