facebookpixel

Reply To: What paint to use on curbs?

Home Forums Pavement Striping Materials What paint to use on curbs? Reply To: What paint to use on curbs?

JM
I missed your posts…both of them.
I apologize.
First…I do not do the type of curb work you’re thinking of.
That said…my best advice would be to visit a store or two and read the cans.
ICI stores = Glidden…(and…by the way…they were just bought by Akzo – Nobel. Rumor has it that they may go back to the Glidden name), PPG Stores = Pittsburg Paint Group = (Good Paint!) and the old standby…Sherwin Williams stores are everywhere. Each chain has about 3000 – 3500 locations.
Next…if you’re required or asked to install glass beads…check out the “Dry Times”. We all want fast dry…but you’ll be “Broadcasting” = tossing the glass beads into the paint…BEFORE IT DRIES…kinda side armed = “Broadcasting”…so…make sure the Dry Time isn’t TOO short. Certainly ambient temperature and whether or not the curb is in the Sunshine or Shade will effect this.
Last…JM…it may be simply trial and error.
I hope you do this. I hope you find a niche. I hope you work out the kinks and make a fun living.
I wish I could help more…but…like you…?…it’s not my forte.
I also think that this ma be why many Stripers do not offer this service.
And…therefore…you may do well.
Now…before I go…I did paint my numbers onto my curb at my house. I taped off a nice rectangle. I hand rolled…using a 4″ cabinet roller…White Latex Traffic Paint. I had beads ready to throw…and I did. Then…I sprayed the Black spray paint numbers. I also threw beads into the Black…before it dried. I was fine with the work.
Keep in touch.
Dan