Home › Forums › Paving Equipment Forum › A New way of accurately measure parking lots, roadway & driveways › Reply To: A New way of accurately measure parking lots, roadway & driveways
The following is a brief description of the installation procedures for the FastMeasure vehicle kit.
1) Install a magnet or set of magnets on the driveshaft. Magnets and epoxy are included in the kit.
2) Mount the sensor bracket near the driveshaft and attach the stainless steel sensor within 1â€ of the magnets. Run the wire lead into the vehicle under the dash, and connect to the electrical terminal block.
3) Run 12 volts to the electrical terminal block.
4) Connect the FastMeasure meter to the electrical terminal block.
5) Mount the measuring device on the dash with the provided dual lock tabs.
6) To calibrate, this is very easy, measure a line 400â€™ paint marks at both ends. Reset the meter to 0 and drive 400â€™; hold both buttons on the meter for 10 seconds. The meter will display a row of zeros, scroll to the right and change the meter to read 400â€™. The 2nd programming screen is for mph, kph or feet per minute. For miles per hour (default) leave at 60 or change it to 100 for kilometers per hour or 1 for feet per minute. Exit the programming mode and enjoy your FastMeasure.
It takes about 1 hour to install the unit. Everything needed for the installation is included in the kit. The instruction manual is written very clearly and is easy to understand. For further instructions and information, check our web site at Fast-Measure.com.
FastMeasure can be mounted just about anything that rolls pavers, crack router, grinders, concrete saw, ATVâ€™s and more.