facebookpixel

Reply To: wages

Home Forums Sealcoating Materials wages Reply To: wages

paveman newbie, i think i kind of know what you are trying to say, When you say “can you pay” $25.00 hour, and still make out? It depends on what type of sealcoat job you are doing. The only way i have ever been able to pay any sealcoat laborer $25.00 hour is if i was doing private work.(driveways). I do not think a full time employee will be paid $25.00 per hour on a daily basis doing commercial work. Jobs in the private sector(driveways) usually are a higher profit job than commercial work that is in most cases “bid” out. Competative bidding prohibits in most companies of larger size the ability to pay that high of an hourly wage. In the private sector (driveways) most times can be completed in a couple hours and at a higher price. I have seen quarter mile driveways go as high as $3,500.00 for clean and seal! In that case you will be able to pay an employee the $25.00 hour for that job. Most key personell on salary that work from sun up to sundown all summer and weekends, command that kind of money. I would put your employee on a daily rate mabe $150.00 a day if you are doing lots of private work, and have a lot of work to do. Realistcally $10.00 or less is the standard for cleaners and field labor. It goes up from there. Sprayers, patchers, cackfillers, and then foremans, field superintendents etc. I hope you find this answer to your satisfaction. Thanks for your submittal of this great question, please feel free to continue to ask questions as this is what Pavemanpro is all about, unbias, and straight talk amongst your peers.