facebookpixel

Reply To: Thermolazer ProMelt

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment Thermolazer ProMelt Reply To: Thermolazer ProMelt

Hello Friend
First…thanks for the post.
Next…while I haven’t used the Graco Thermolazer…I cannot believe that the block wouldn’t work.
First…I always used the block form. It comes in a slab. And…the inside of the box is lined. Therefore…when you are done…and wish to drain the “walk behind”…you open the same box…flatten it out…under the “spigot”…and open the control. The hot thermo will obviously come out…but, onto the lined box. Let it cool…you’re good to go.
Next…before we even opened the box…we hit it just about everywhere with a hammer. Now open the box…and…either hand load the small pieces…( which again…I would bet…easily fit into the top of the Graco ) …or…slide them in.
Next…I hope that helps some.
Next…I also think that the pellets or granules are a bit easier to work with…?…in bags…? I really don’t know. Bottom line here…may be (2) things:
1) Some jobs used to call for an Alkyd based Thermo…while others called for Hydrocarbon.
Therefore maybe…maybe…both are available in both types = Both come in bags or boxes.
Next…the actual supplier may simply only have one form = Granules and in bags…blahblah.
2) You may just have a preference.
Last…let me attach a link. It’s to Swarco. Read through some of that. There may be info you already know…maybe a hint or two you don’t. I hope it helps some.
Let me know if I helped.
Friend, thanks again.
( Here’s that link. )
Dan
file:///C:/Users/Dan/Downloads/Thermo Field Guide.pdf