facebookpixel

Reply To: storage of my graco 3900 questions

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment storage of my graco 3900 questions Reply To: storage of my graco 3900 questions

Hello Brad
I just clean out my machine in normal fashion.
The only difference is that I pour maybe a half gallon of Anti Freeze into the last few gallons of water…that’s it.
And…yes…I run it through the Prime…then the Gun Line. Then I just turn off my machine…all normally.
Next…the “only” benefit is this…
“Some” mechanics will argue “dissimilar metal corrosion”. That’s where IF you put (2) different metals together…side by side…they’ll corrode right where they touch…just because they’re different metals.
SO…let’s put some kind of a lube in there. That’s it.
Next…some may offer a different type of liquid to help keep things lubed up during the off season…or any longer “down time”.
However, Anti-Freeze is simple to get…I tend to have some around because of the car and truck…!…and any more…it’s a bit more Eco Friendly. That’s it. It’s not something to loose sleep over. It’s probably in the “GOOD, BETTER, BEST” category…not so much a “Right vs. Wrong” category.
Does that help?
Let me know.
Dan
P.S. Remember…you also have a lawn mower. It also just sits through the Winter. I’ll bet yours…like mine…has never been “Winterized” in any fashion. My lawn mower is fine. Again…take the best care of it that you can…but…I wouldn’t loose sleep over it.
I hope that all helps.
Dan