facebookpixel

Reply To: storage of my graco 3900 questions

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment storage of my graco 3900 questions Reply To: storage of my graco 3900 questions

Hey Brad…how are you?
First…I have a 3900 also.
Next…go door to door. Find the right lot and just give them a bid.
( Remember…self standing buildings where the owner is inside…like a church, realty office…etc. )
Walk in and say…”Hi. Can I stripe your parking lot for 180.00? I have a real striping machine…not an upside down spray can.
I’ll make sure all the lines are the same length and straight. I’ll work after hours…you won’t be bothered. Can I?”
Next…get an ad in the Yellow Pages for 100.00. You don’t need a 600.00 ad 1/3 page. Get the 1/2 inch ad.
Mine says…
American Striping.
We stripe parking lots, streets, playgrounds and floors.
Then there’s the address and phone.
That’s it.
As a note…I try to use the word STRIPE…notice my second sentence. There are many individuals that will read STRIPING…as…STRIPPING…and ask…”What do you STRIP?”…like floors, cars…furniture…etc.
( And…yes…every STRIPER that’s been in business for 10 years or more…has MANY stories of people wanting STRIPPERS. )
SO…I try to use the word STRIPE. ( I have 1000 stories…! ALL are funny. )
Next…anti freeze…it’s totally up to you. I just cleaned my machine for the …third…?…time so far this year…?
I used anti freeze to flush it out…well…water and a splash of anti freeze.
Again…you put it in whenever you think it could use a lube…or when it’s going to freeze outside and your machine is vulnerable.
Just pretend it’s your car. Your car ALWAYS has anti freeze in it. You cannot use it too much.
How’s that?
Keep in touch. I’d like to know how you’re doing. Let me know if I can help any further.
Dan