facebookpixel

Reply To: Multiple State Business Licensing

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment Multiple State Business Licensing Reply To: Multiple State Business Licensing

Anonymous
Inactive

I have been wondering the same about tax licenses. I think that, without checking each state, you would need a tax license in each state. I checked with a businessman that basically works in South Dakota, North Dakota and Minnesota. He needs to have a license for each state, and says that he thinks it costs about $200 per state. Now that may put a stop to my idea of heading south in the winter, to do some striping, and maybe just stripe enough to pay a little expense. At least, it would minimize the number of states where I would do work.

Have you found any info? I am also questioning whether you have commercial plates? If so, I believe that a person would have to pay fuel tax in each state? It suddenly doesn’t sound like so much fun. Flying under the radar may be ok, but it could end up being problems. Maybe if a guy did it cheaply enough, there may not be an issue, but I talked to a UPS Store that had a “fly by night” due their lot. The state of South Dakota is trying to track this “fly by night” down. It seems that he either charged sales tax and didn’t give SD the split, or didn’t charge taxes on the labor or paint.

I’m not so sure that every state charges taxes on labor. Now those would be the states to visit. Thanks.