facebookpixel

Reply To: binks info

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment binks info Reply To: binks info

SS
The “crisp” lines are shot from an Airless Machine.
The Converntionals will have 1/4″ if “fuzzy” at the edges…but…there is no “tapering” to a good amount in the middle. In other words…it’ll be an evenly dispersed line…all the way across.
Next…I have “Air Curtains” on mine…see my Video…at me site. These keep the edges more crisp.
NEXT…think this through…if there’s enough AIR to break up the LIQUID = paint…into SPRAY…good.
BUT…if the BALANCE between the paint and air is mis-matched…then the paint will WIN.
In other words…you’ll have a lot down the middle and not enough all the way across the width of the line.
So…try “upping” the Air a little to dispense the paint film evenly.
NOW…THINK IN REVERSE…if…again…if the “balance” between the air and paint is mis-matched and the AIR is winning…this is what the line will look like = think this through…the AIR will BLAST through the paint…splitting it like the RED SEA. In other words…VERY thin down the middle ONE INCH and much more paint along the edges. Get it? Don’t let the AIR blast so hard it drills through the paint stream…AND…don’t let the paint “win” the power struggle by putting MOST of the paint down the middle of the stripe.
Last…it should and can be 1/4″ fuzzy edges…sharpened by Air Curtains…and an evenly distributed amount of paint EVERY place els…along the width of the line.
So…either play with the Air pressure to the gun = Right Hand Gage…or add a splash of the appropriate “thinner”…to make the paint do what YOU want it to.
Make sense?
Dan
P.S. I’m headin’ out…I’ll check back later. And…SS…you’re close to getting it. Don’t quit.