facebookpixel

Reply To: New Business startup

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment New Business startup Reply To: New Business startup

Hello Nathaniel
I give away all my prices in my book = per foot, curb, playground games, standard stencils, large stencils…etc.
But…that’s my area. I live in a larger city…many stripers…so…paint is less expensive…competition is probably more than normal.
So…sometimes bidding is an art. It does have to do with your overhead and your competition…but as you get experience…you know what jobs will take more time…and what jobs you can easily move right through and still make them look beautiful.
The “Auto Layout”…I’ve written before,,,my opinion…here it is in a nutshell…sorry that’s an American idiom…here it is…all condensed into a tiny little statement…”Paint (2) polka dots on the ground, 36′ apart. Now…stripe a line perfectly straight between them. Now…paint (4) polka dots in a perfectly straight line. And…here’s the spacing…36″ between the first 2…then 24” to the 3rd dot…then 36′ to the 4th dot. Now…so…here’s what you have . . . . OK? Stripe (2) perfectly straight lines between the 36′ gaps…skipping the smaller middle gap. Can you do that? Everytime? Can you even place the dots in a straight row? I can’t. Now turn 90 degrees…and do it again. In other words…all lines need to be 1) Straight…2) “Lined Up”…3) The same length.
Nathaniel…this is my opinion…auto layout is over rated and over priced. I’m completely open to discussion. I am. But…this thing isn’t being picked up by others = competition…and it doesn’t have the momentum that the Lazy Liner does. The Lazy Liner was a game changer. Now we’re all riding. But we’re not all “auto layout” …ing. I’ll wait another couple years. Again…I’m open to hear from you.
Dan
OK…let me say it first…”and that was in a nutshell?”
Sorry.