facebookpixel

Reply To: Paint Suppliers Pricing

Home Forums Pavement Striping Materials Paint Suppliers Pricing Reply To: Paint Suppliers Pricing

Hey Shoal Creek 249…how are you?
Yeah…you hit it right on the head.
Either…
1)…pay an inexpensive bill and maybe wait for the paint to arrive…or…
2)…pay an inflated price…(that’s not a fair assumption)…and have no commitments and the paint is almost everywhere.
You know what?…don’t quit…here’s what I hear; you’re wanting to deal with PPG.
Here’s my idea…
Is there more than (1) PPG dealer nearby? Sometimes the store location dictates what the Manager Chooses to carry. Case in point?…the store I deal with is almost dominated by contractors. The store…same franchise…down the street is dominated by “Retail” people. So…the latter store Manager carries no striping paint. My point? Maybe you’re in the “wrong” store…whether owned by the Corporation or a Franchisee. So…is there more than (1) PPG store nearby? And…are all the customers wearing white painter pants?
Now…here’s my next thing…some PPG stores are owned by Franchisees = owned by the person behind the counter…like a fast food chain = “Individuals” = anyone wanting to own a PPG store.
And…some are still owned by “Corporate” = the Franchisor.
Now for my disclaimer…I think…and here’s why…I receive calls from a PPG store, paint sales guy. He wants to sell paint. I ask where his stores are located. He says…(2) places…just (2)?…AND…the (1) store I pass on the way to my shop isn’t one of them. Maybe he’s a Franchisee…owning (2).
Now…the store location I pass?…it’s loaded with contractors and gobs of (5) gallon buckets of paint. (No Retail person buys a (5) gallon supply of paint.) My conclusion?…this is either a Franchisee in a Contractor’s market…or…a “Corporate” owned store selling to mostly Contractors.
Either way…it’s a Contractor store.
So…maybe you’re in a Franchisee = “Person Owned” store that cannot commit to buying a truckload of paint…to secure the low price…to pass on to you…because they’re in a “Retail” dominated area.
Again…try another location…maybe find out where the “Corporate Owned” store is…or at least where the Contractor Dominated store location is. (If I were a Franchisee located in a Contractor Dominated area…I wouldn’t be too afraid of ordering a truckload of striping paint…give everyone the same low price to make sure I sold it all.)
Maybe I’m on to something. At least it’s a try.
Then you decide the rest = to buy or not to buy…at that location…intermittently…or (80) gallons at a time = (1) skid. I’m hoping you’re very fortunate and find a “Corporate” owned “Contractor Dominated” store.
There has to be a store that sells striping paint to a few stripers…somewhere.
Let me know. If I’m wrong…so be it…I apologize. But…don’t quit.
I won’t either. I just cannot imagine PPG cannot compete.
Keep in touch.
Dan