facebookpixel

Thermolazer ProMelt

Home Forums Pavement Striping Equipment Thermolazer ProMelt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello there to everyone today! My question deals with the Graco Thermolazer Promelt machine. Does any know if it can also melt down block material besides the bagged material as shown on brochures and videos? I may be answering my own question here by saying that the block material boxes are somewhat larger physically, when pressed out than the bags, so it might not be possible for the melter to accept? To break up the block into chunks is no good either I believe? I’m just curious if someone out there knows more on this subject? Thanks to all for any help on this topic!

Hello Friend
    First…thanks for the post.
    Next…while I haven’t used the Graco Thermolazer…I cannot believe that the block wouldn’t work.
    First…I always used the block form. It comes in a slab. And…the inside of the box is lined. Therefore…when you are done…and wish to drain the “walk behind”…you open the same box…flatten it out…under the “spigot”…and open the control. The hot thermo will obviously come out…but, onto the lined box. Let it cool…you’re good to go.
    Next…before we even opened the box…we hit it just about everywhere with a hammer. Now open the box…and…either hand load the small pieces…( which again…I would bet…easily fit into the top of the Graco ) …or…slide them in.
    Next…I hope that helps some.
    Next…I also think that the pellets or granules are a bit easier to work with…?…in bags…? I really don’t know. Bottom line here…may be (2) things:
    1) Some jobs used to call for an Alkyd based Thermo…while others called for Hydrocarbon.
    Therefore maybe…maybe…both are available in both types = Both come in bags or boxes.
    Next…the actual supplier may simply only have one form = Granules and in bags…blahblah.
    2) You may just have a preference.
    Last…let me attach a link. It’s to Swarco. Read through some of that. There may be info you already know…maybe a hint or two you don’t. I hope it helps some.
    Let me know if I helped.
    Friend, thanks again.
    ( Here’s that link. )
    Dan
    file:///C:/Users/Dan/Downloads/Thermo Field Guide.pdf

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good afternoon Dan, this is Stu, from N.Y.. Thankyou first of all for the response! It is a pleasure to get my first question answered by the site moderator! Ha,ha. Your info and link is well appreciated, believe me. I have been in the striping industry for over 36 years now. Although with my age and health, I have had to slow things down some, I still enjoy getting out in the field and getting my hands dirty (or at least covered in waterbase paint). I recently sold a Trantex model handliner and accessories setup due to the fact that I work alone and found it quite difficult to do all the tasks needed by myself such as tending the kettle fire, loading in additional material,etc.. You definitely need more than 1 person to help with that work on those model machines. The Graco Thermolazer Promelt caught my eye where the onboard temp. control is merely set to 420 degrees F and they say can be done by 1 person operation? You are correct with your info about Alkyd and Hydrocarbon material. They CANNOT be mixed so if you start with one type, you must continue with that type until you do a thorough cleanout of the tank,dies, etc.. The Trantex I sold used Hydro. On videos, they show the Graco with bags loaded 1 at a time. The bag is suspended over the melting chambers with what looks to be stainless steel rods? Perhaps in time, I will look to again enter the thermo end of the business while being careful not to put myself out of business by using it in parking lots? Stripers want the painted lines to wear out so the return calls come in! Thermo threatens that? Anyway Dan, I wish to again say thankyou to you for the help! I shall now go to review the link.
    Keep up the good work Dan and if I can be of any help to you or others, please don’t hesitate to let me know! It is a pleasure to know you and converse with you any time! Best regards for now, Stuart

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.