facebookpixel

Subcontracting Parking Lot Striping

Home Forums Business Side of Pavement Maintenance Subcontracting Parking Lot Striping

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have set up certification for myself to work with gov’t entity and General Contractor who go after gov’t contracts that require hiring a % of subcontractor who are certified. I have a friend who do parking lot striping I am interested in bidding on the contracts and subcontract to him to do the work. Do anyone know how to go about estimating the cost when bidding so that we both can make money on it?

Hello venterprises
    I tell how to price in my book.
    BUT…just be careful…you’re dealing with Prevailing Wages. So…every city will dictate how much you have to pay each worker. That will effect pricing.
    THEN…you must submit a Certified Payroll…which is simply this…you must prove that you paid that worker…what that City told you to pay.
    NEXT…sometimes…if you do not offer Health Benefits…you must include $4.00 additional dollars.
    That said…do it. I do…everyday.
    NEXT…if you have a Sub…then he’s on his own to do the same…meet the standard Prevailing wage…etc. Certify Payrolls…etc.
    You may fumble through it at first…but…you will get it.
    NEXT…when you say Gov’t Entity…read the specs…every time. ( Unless you’re hiring a Sub. )
    Sometimes…as a Striper… I’m required to add Glass beads. Sometimes…two coats…sometimes…none…sometimes 6″ line…blah blah.
    And…there will be inspectors. Not a problem. These are just people too.
    Again…keep going. This is the place where most people stop.
    Congrats.
    Dan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.