facebookpixel

Omni 3 Screed — at 26 feet wide

Home Forums Paving Equipment Forum Omni 3 Screed — at 26 feet wide

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been paving for 7 years now. And I have pretty much used just the Omni 3 screed. Some Omni 7 and wedgelock.

Last summer we paved 26 feet wide with the Omni 3. I think it was a complete fail my boss argued saying since we had 15 feet of bolt on extensions that it wouldn’t sag as much. I was continually fighting with it. pofilograph was horroible.

My question is has any one else tried to pave at that width on the Omni 3 and had success?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I feel your pain man but thank god the new vogele we got has a 70,000$ electronics system and she goes on autopilot! I use to run a cedarrapids and even at 20 feet she’d be all over the place with that much material in the extensions, if I were you guys i’d pull 2 smaller mats and keep a nice and small head of material.

Get’r level

cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh I just realized what screed you are using, we tested out a Omni 3 earlier this year, I didnt like it at all!, What type of paving are you doing? I hope its highway and all straight go! Those screed’s remind me of the ABG screed, to heavy duty and bulky for me!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.