facebookpixel

Large parking lot/roadway crack filling

Home Forums Crack Sealing Materials Forum Large parking lot/roadway crack filling

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am a sealcoater who is largely residential with some commercial experience and I am still getting my feet wet with commercial work. My question is, how do larger contractors bid a larger parking lot with thousands of feet of cracks? I usually try to walk the lot and measure the majority of larger cracks, but especially if there are cars in the lot, and even with out them, its not feasible to do that after a certain point. Surely larger companies are not out measuring cracks in roadways and mall parking lots with a measuring wheel. I’ve heard of some companies charging by the pound for crackfill material, but most customers probably would want an estimate ahead of time, no?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am in the commercial (only) industry of sealing and If I can walk a lot and figure up the crack filling cost due to just so much of it, I inform the customer that we reccom. an asphalt overlay. This is usually what is required when you have that much of cracking. Most likely its the base that is causing it and simple crack filling will not prevent asphalt from continuing to crack.

Just my opinion.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Im trying to get into comm Parkinglots how do i go about getting them. Do i just ask for property maintenance manager?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.